Classes that do not appear on the list are fully booked or cancelled. Our normal class times are as follows:
Beginning Wheel 1
- Monday 7-9P
- Tuesday 9-11A and 7-9P
- Thursday 9-11A and 7-9P
- Friday 7-9P
- Saturday 11A-1P and 3-5P
- Sunday 11A-1P
- Sunday 3-5P (Make-up Only)
Beginning Wheel 2
- Wednesday 7-9P
- Saturday 3-5P (If not a BW1 Class)
- Currently no schedule.
Info and Tips for Classes
Please read before taking your first class!
You must be 18 or over to sign up for the class. 14 and over are allowed with an accompanying adult member or student.
During your first class you will meet your instructor who will introduce you to our procedures and then start working with clay right away. You will recieve 12.5 pounds of clay. You will have to purchase any additional clay you use. The first session focuses on centering and creating simple forms such as cylinders on the wheel.
In the second session you will learn how to trim your piece(s) from the first session. You will also continue throwing additional pieces.
In the third session you will learn additional throwing and trimming techniques. PLEASE BE AWARE, this is the last day you are allowed to throw new pieces. Any pieces thrown after this session will not be fired.
In the fourth session you will learn how to glaze your bisque pieces. All your pieces should be ready to glaze on this day.
- Please arrive about 10 to 15 minutes early.
- Wear casual and comfortable clothes and shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty. Luckily the clay that we use comes out of fabric with a regular wash, but there are glazes and other materials that may not be as forgiving.
- If you have an apron please bring it in along with a towel.
- Trim your fingernails…. Long fingernails makes throwing on the wheel and shaping clay much more difficult. We want you to be able to work with ease and get the most out of class.
- Remove your jewelry. Rings, watches and bracelets will only get in the way when working with clay, so it’s best to leave them at home.
- If you have long hair, bring an elastic or hair tie to wear it up. This is crucial to avoid accidents on the wheel.
1) Cancellations 72 hours or more in advance of the first session will receive a full refund less a $20 processing fee for each individual cancellation.
2) Cancellations within 72 hours of the first session can receive either a 50% refund or a tuition credit for a future class.
3) No refunds given after first session is attended or for missed sessions. Please call or e-mail if you need to make up a missed session.
4) We reserve the right to cancel a class if minimum enrollments of at least 50% capacity are not met. Typically our classes have a maximum of 10 students. Full refunds will be given in these events.