Info and Tips for Classes
Please read before taking your first class!
You must be 18 or over to sign up for the class. 14 and over are allowed with an accompanying adult member or student.
During your first class you will receive a tour of the studio, meet your instructor, and then start working with clay right away. The first sessions are focused on centering and creating simple forms such as cylinders on the wheel. Each week, as you gain comfort with the new materials limits, we will expand our forms and projects.
- Please arrive about 10 to 15 minutes early.
- Wear casual and comfortable clothes and shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty. Luckily the clay that we use comes out of fabric with a regular wash, but there are glazes and other materials that may not be as forgiving.
- If you have an apron please bring it in along with a towel.
- Trim your fingernails…. Long fingernails makes throwing on the wheel and shaping clay much more difficult. We want you to be able to work with ease and get the most out of class.
- Remove your jewelry. Rings, watches and bracelets will only get in the way when working with clay, so it’s best to leave them at home.
- If you have long hair, bring an elastic or hair tie to wear it up. This is crucial to avoid accidents on the wheel.
1) Cancellations 72 hours or more in advance of the first session will receive a full refund less a $20 processing fee for each individual cancellation.
2) Cancellations within 72 hours of the first session can receive either a 50% refund or a tuition credit for a future class.
3) No refunds given after first session is attended or for missed sessions. Please call or e-mail if you need to make up a missed session.
4) We reserve the right to cancel a class if minimum enrollments of at least 50% capacity are not met. Typically our classes have a maximum of 10 students. Full refunds will be given in these events.